Youth & Children's Ministry
The mission of the Youth Ministry is to develop a challenging and meaningful ministry of God's Word to Youth. This mission centers around teaching the need for a personal relationship to Christ and responsibility to the church and community. This mission includes teaching the value commitment, devoting time and talent in carrying out Christian works in order to build a better church for the Kingdom of God.
The purpose is to develop an age appropriate ministry that is sensitive to the spiritual and developmental needs of youth. This ministry will be designed to build Christian charater in order that you may be able to make a contribution to the life of the church and see themselves as a valuable contributor to the local church, community and the church worldwide.
The goals are:
- Develop a curriculum of teaching/training that identifies and addresses the concerns of youth today.
- Incorporate the national medium of activities and fun to stimulate interest in God's work.
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings on 2nd and 4th Saturdays where missionary purposes and goals can be taught and carried out.
- Provide a Christian learning/recreation program that will include outings, super outings, retreats and special programs.
The Ministry will teach our youth how to live in harmony with God while serving others by:
- Providing sunshine baskets
- Visiting the sick and shu-ins
- Visiting and singing at nursing homes
- Baking for the elderly and shut-ins
- Helping the needy in schools with supplies
- Remembering others with special momentos at Chirstmas, Thanksgiving or at any time of the year
- Encouraging moral, ethical and spiritual values through an annual program of youth recognition.
- The Youth Choir is incorporated with the Youth Ministry.
The mission of the Children's Ministry is to provide a specialized spiritual service to persons in the church between the ages of 2 and 10 years. This service is purposefully designed in format and content to appeal to young children.
The ultimate purcpose is to present salvation through Christ and basic Biblical principales, such as witnessing, praise, forgiveness and giving in a simplistic fashion that can be received and understood by pre-school and elementary aged children.
An auxiliary purpose of the Children's Ministry is to prepare children for the responsbilities of the Youth Ministry in an effort to facilitate a comprehensive, growing and educational ministry to the total Youth Ministry.
The goals of the Children's Ministry are:
- Provide a structured Sunday Morning Worship experience for children between the ages of 1 and 10.
- Maintain a Children's Choir